When I first bought my tin lizzy, One of the first ideas that came to mind was, What a great kart to mount one of my restored antique Briggs & Strattons. Before the modification idea, based on the size of the kart, I was going to go with a 1949 model A Briggs & Stratton. Soon, as the project started to take shape, and length and height increased, it became apparent that the body was making the engine look too small, So on to plan B, restore a 1936 Briggs & Stratton model K. As this one came together I thought for sure this would be it, But....weighing in at slightly less than an upright piano ! I realized it was just too heavy to not wreck either the axle, or wheels. While doing these engines I was looking for one more that would surely take this project to the next level, The Briggs & Stratton model ZL, the L is the code letter for aluminum. and at last I found one, A 1935 model ZL. Looks exactly the same as the green model K but everything that is green on the K will be polished aluminum on the ZL, It offers enough of a weight savings that I will make it work. They have a really nice exhaust note due to the 3 inch bore and 3 1/4 inch stroke, They are low rpm engines, but will do so all day long and sound great doing it, and produce big torque, and some of them came with brass Kingston carburetors, and I did score one for the ZL. hope you like these pictures, but you have to wait for the ZL to be finished for pictures of that one.